I spent four months living in Thailand up until the end of April. I was able to celebrate Thai new year, songkran, among other Thai/Chinese holidays. I traveled in September through November using the JetBlue Bluepass.
I got the chance to swing by Singapore for RedDotRubyConf. Once back in the states, I checked out a few more conventions (Chicago Code Camp, RailsConf, Wizard World, and BlizzCon to name a few). Also discovered a few more interesting ones here in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
On a more personal level, I was a best man at a friends wedding, and a groomsman in another. I finally moved out to California as I've always wanted to. I also bought a black 2012 Volkswagen Golf TDI. And I just got back from Hawaii, visiting all the islands and saw my first double rainbow.
So here's to a wonderful 2011, and an even brighter 2012!
UPDATE (Jan 1, 2012 9:19 PM): I've moved back to using Blogger! I've also merged my spong.org blog posts into this one. This blog will now consolidate my technology posts.