Back then I believe I had a better audience interaction because of the following two reasons:
- No one else really was blogging, so my blog was what my friends and family read because it was the kind of Facebook of the time.
- I was telling a story, of me.
The second reason is what I would like to talk about briefly. I want to get back into being a better blogger. To do that, I need to do a better job of telling a story about me. I want readers of my posts to be able to connect with me as a real person. As much as I enjoy facebook-statusing and tweeting, it never seems to be enough to get a picture of who the tweeter is. I like how it's short/concise and in real-time, but 140 characters is barely enough to form a paragraph in English. The most common is simply a link to something more interesting to read in full.
Maybe I'm just old school.
I've set up the following sites to help me become a better blogger:
- This site - My personal blog about me, my adventures, photography, books, and all-around anything that isn't about technology and food.
- FoodIsHappiness.com - My website/blog about my food adventures.
- Spong.org - My blog on technology, software, and various tech user groups I meet with.